“A few special touches on the table helps recreate the magic of dining out for date night in, adding both beauty and function while elevating the mood and inviting connection to thrive.”
Going out to a great restaurant is something we love to do for date night! In fact, we love it so much that we are going to start bringing you reviews of our favorite date night spots around Nashville (keep an eye out for our debut review tomorrow). That being said, going out can be expensive. And since we prefer to save up those hard-earned dollars for quality dining experiences on occasion rather than a large quantity of ‘eh ones, it’s a good thing we also really enjoy staying in. What we have found is that a few special touches on the table help recreate the magic of dining out for date night in, adding both beauty and function while elevating the mood and inviting connection to thrive.
The best part? You don’t have to be a trained professional to create an elegant, classy tablescape suitable for a romantic date. Here are a few of our favorites and tips for making it special!
a table for two::
The “Fancy” Set
Stemless Wine Glasses
Our Wedding Goblets
• Minimal decoration adds beauty to the table while maintaining focus on what matters most – who is sitting around it.
• No grounds to forage? Pick up a small bunch of greenery at your local market.
• Present napkins with rings, tied with a simple strand of twine, or effortlessly folded and placed between two dinnerware pieces for a touch of understated elegance.
• The surrounding environment is of equal significance. Put on some music, dim the lights, turn off devices, and create an atmosphere that welcomes conversation.
• Prepare a space you’ll want to stay seated in for hours getting lost in deep conversation and bountiful laughter.
• If you prefer to sit side by side, it’s perfectly acceptable to set both seats on the same side of the table.
Kel and Mel